This year I vowed to give up beauty buys, here’s what I’ve learnt one month in.
I typically hate resolutions because they seem to just be mostly about abstinence and not about making sustainable change to your life.
I had an inkling that this resolution would get harder as the year went on, and so far January had been dead easy, so my initial suspicions were right.
This month I haven’t finished anything other than shower gels…
Here are some observations about that:
- When I got the NUXE shower oil in a Birchbox it went straight into the shower and I was quite excited to try it. After I used it I remember thinking that it was much nicer than my “normal ones”
- My “normal ones” all seem to be from Poundland/Wilco and cost about £1, the NUXE one costs £10.50 at M&S
- I didn’t know the costs at the time but the packaging is quite different. The NUXE one has lots of French writing on it – French is posh right?
- The main ingredients of them all are basically the same
- Ethical consumer gives a 7.5 rating for Carex and 8.5 for Original Source, I would have expected that to be higher given their brand. There isn’t a rating for NUXE.
So next up I’m going to get on these dusty Molton Brown shower gels.
They were a Christmas gift but I didn’t entirely like the scents. Does shower gel scent actually hang around? I guess I’ll find out.
On to February!